Every business owner who plans of an ecommerce website development will definitely wonder what will be the cost associated with it. The main thing you need to understand is that there no easy, quick fix method to website development. There will be investment for initial development, then investment for further add on products, then regular maintenance investment for the smooth running and advancement in technologies.
Step by step methodology
- A domain name for identification: This costs around $14 per year.
- Hosting: around $145 to $ 360 per year.
- Planning of ecommerce website, Customized development, setting up of database, customized design time – this generally takes around 100 hours and more as per the pages, products and customization level.
- Database maintenance and continuous ecommerce CMS: This process costs around $600 per year and more according to the number of updates and management of products.
- Promotional activities and marketing online: This process costs around $360 every year and sometimes more depending on the intervals of promotion, management of social media, and adding contents to the site.
When trying best to control cost of ecommerce website, these are the elements to consider:
- Number of pages
- Number of products
- Varieties in colors and size of products.do they interfere with pricing?
- Content creation is already done or you need help from outside?
- Pictures of the products and graphics work of the site.
- Do you want the site to be viewed through tablets, smartphones etc.
All these factors should be handled with care if you are trying to stick on to a budget because it is easy to lose money by going behind too much specifications.
E-commerce interaction design: It is a feature which does an interactive design like add to cart and check out that will make shopping much easier and interesting to customers. This costs around $1000 to $2000.
Product images and custom graphic design: High-quality product images in graphics will definitely make your site stand out from the crowd. Custom graphic design cost varies from $500 to $2000.
Custom E-commerce content management system: Most of the business owners handle content creation and management by themselves to reduce cost. If this part is outsourced then the expense will be from $1000 to $10000.
The setting up of e-commerce website typically ranges from $5000 to $10000. With proper planning and implementation, you can reap what you invested in e-commerce website creation in no time.